Friday, February 11, 2011

Bad Love Poetry Reading This Saturday at 7:00!!

We hope to see lots of people at The Parlor for some laughs on Saturday! To get you in the mood, take some time to read this wonderful poem written by a former co-worker of mine. It is a work of genius.

The Biology of Love

Girl,
Like carbohydrates I store up my love for you
My love for you is void of any fat impurities
Your pains are as hard as a solid solute
But give me a chance and I will dissolve your pains
In the solvent of my love

Girl,
Our love was at the point of cohesion
We had our differences but don't fight our adhesion
I have a cell theory of how our love began
It might be a little feeble but not to worry
We'll build it up with more protein
I promise to keep our love fresh and healthy
I will nourish it with organic food

Girl,
I remember the old days when I would drown in worries
But by osmosis your warm smile got to me
You've grown distant to me lately, if I didn't know better
I'd say your personal bubble is like a cell wall
With its pourous cell membrane. It allows respiration
But when we fight it seems your respiration breaks.
Your nucleus starts to ache making your nucleic acid go wild

Girl,
I'm not like other organelles who are simply looking to jump
On the next active transport to cause fermentation in the relationship
But I'm here to practice diffusion in the matter
I promise to change my ways
Our love will be self contained
Like the process of photosynthesis
And I will make your nucleus happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment