Saturday, September 11, 2010

Things are expensive

Okay kids. I am in a dillema. In order to have internet, cable/satellite, and wi-fi, the bill would be upwards of $250 a month no matter where I go. I have compared Comcast, Quest, and Veracity and all are giving me about the same prices. EXPENSIVE! Most of the time you can get internet/phone package deals, but rarely is cable/satellite included in the package, and that TV stuff costs A LOT of $$. So, for the next couple months I will only be providing either free wi-fi or TV. Right now the store does not offer internet, so it is hard to know whether that would bring customers in or not. As far as TV goes, we usually have it on ESPN and people watch, but I don't know if people are watching because they actually want to or if they are watching just because it is on. My biggest concern are the BYU games, but so far this year (and in years past), showing the BYU games in the store doesn't really bring people in. Most people get delivery on game days, and, let's be honest, most people in Provo are going to be at the games on game days, not at the pizza store. So. What do you guys think? Cable or Internet? Please respond to the survey! Thanks my dears!

10 comments:

  1. internet! if people want to watch tv they can watch hulu.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hard to say, I really love sports, and I always watch if it is on, but in Provo a lot of people have cable included in their rent. Also, back at BYU I did not have a lap top and never used wi-fi, now I do and I think they are more popular, plus phones can use wi-fi. You just need to look at your core customer base and make an educated decision. Sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wifi. It's true, if people want to watch tv, they can just watch it on the internet. I mean, I guess sometimes people do go out specifically to watch the game, but most of the time people just watch the tv because it's on. Also, I'm not sure if there are other places in the area that offer wifi, but if there aren't, you could also make some money off of it if you required a purchase (like a soda or something) in order to get the code to use the internet. Or if you like the thought of just offering free wifi just to bring people in, they'll probably end up buying something anyway. Either way, wifi.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think wifi. This is kind of a different situation than most of your customers will be in, but once when I was waiting in line for a concert to start in LA, I went across the street to a Coffee Bean and made a purchase just so I could use the wifi on my phone. The internet allows people to control what they're viewing/doing. Cable/satellite would just be whatever channel one person decides, so there's more option available to the customer. Well, at least the customer that happens to bring in their laptop. Either way, I trust your decision. I'm so excited to see The Parlor all put together! I love you, Marie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Davauu and Britnauu, they said it all. Wifi all the way. Well done guys.

    ReplyDelete
  6. if you choose one, then wifi. I never really use it in restaurants, unless i am stranded in a new city

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wifi baby. All the way. I really don't think the TV thing is something that's really you, you know? I mean, this thing is YOU, what you love, your style, your ideas, etc. And you hate TV, but you like internet. So really, it's kind of a "duh."

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's like I said, it all depends on your target audience. If it's a college, cool, slighty upscale, trendy place and you are trying to get those people as customers then you want internet. With your plates blog and from other stuff I've seen you want The Parlor to be like this. Families and sports bars want TV. That doesn't sound like your place. But I wouldn't go to The Parlor on gameday if it didn't have TV. On that note there is a severe lack of sports bar type place in Utah Valley. There is no place to go to watch any game-but if you don't have that atmosphere everyday then I wouldn't think about going to your place on gameday anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  9. are you serving pizza by the slice? Then totally Wifi...if I was in P-town I know where I would be studying. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Did you look into that new "Clear" internet thing? And if you need a tax accountant help let me know!

    ReplyDelete